Saturday, 3 September 2016

Weekly Update - I Blame the Stars

The past few weeks I've been working on a re-branding and relaunch of my website, Etsy store, and social media under the name Wild Intuitive. I spent two weeks working on a total redesign of the website alone. The plan was to launch everything on September 01. I thought the timing would be perfect with a new moon and even with Mercury in retrograde, after all it was a re-launch and re-branding. And "re" things are okay during a retrograde right? I was going to make a video announcing it and share my blog etc.

My now logo - the septagram
Life does not always go as planned though. I woke up on Thursday with a bad stomach bug. I lay in bed most that day and Friday and am still not feeling up to making a video. Sitting on the couch blogging is about as much as I can muster right now. Really as someone who studies astrology I should of known better. Retrogrades are notorious for delaying our best laid plans. It was also a solar eclipse. These are times of change, which I was hoping to harness to my advantage, but that change can be unpredictable.
I realized that I had become too attached to a date. While I wanted to launch everything on a particular date, does it really matter if I roll it out as I can? Probably not. I can make a video when I am feeling better, and post the blog later today. I have to practice what I preach - self care. My body, and clearly the Universe is telling me to slow down, so I will listen, and trust in Divine Timing. I don't always know what's best, even if I like to think that I do.
As things happen though, I did get a nice surprise yesterday, in the from of a delivery from UPS. I had pre-order a couple of decks months ago, and recently got a notice that they would be delivered soon. I was not expecting them for a couple of weeks though. So it was very nice to get a box delivered t the door. I thought it was just one deck, but it turned out to be both!

The first deck is the Fin de Siecle Kipper deck by Ciro Marchetti. I became interested in kipper decks after working with lenormand. It is like lenormand, but with more people in the deck. I'm looking forward to getting to know this style of deck and working with it. I was wondering about combining this with lenormand and seeing how that might work. Has anyone done this? I may have to do some research on the best way to do this.

The second deck is the Dreams of Gaia tarot by Ravynne Phelan. I have her Messenger oracle and adore her artwork. I was excited to hear she was coming out with a tarot deck so pre-ordered it as soon as I could. It is not like the traditional tarot system, I have to say. There are extra cards, so I will have to work with this deck to let you know what I think. I only just opened the box anyway, so its hard to form an opinion at this point.
One thing I do really like is the packaging. Other tarot publishers take note - this is how you package a deck! Blue Angel decks are always well packaged in a sturdy box for both the deck and guidebook, and this box is no exception. Its so nice to have both the deck and the guidebook all in one sturdy container. I don;t have to store them seperatly or find a box or pouch to put the deck in.
As soon as I am able to I will do a deck reveal video for each. I was going to do a deck unboxing, but I just couldn't wait to open them.

So while things didn't go as planned, it's not the end of the world and I did get a nice surprise yesterday. How has Mercury retrograde treated you so far?




1 comment:

  1. Sorry you got sick!

    Oooh new decks, exciting

    ReplyDelete