Saturday, 7 January 2017

My Top 5 Goals for 2017

I hope you have all had a wonderful holiday season. I took a little break during the busy Christmas season from blogging, but I'm happy to be back now. I had a wonderful December, it's my favourite time of year. I love the lights, the dark long nights, candles, fresh fallen sow, the food and getting together with friends and family.



It's good too though, to be back to routine, now that the holidays are over. Of course like many, I start the new year with a lot of goals and plans. I promised myself that I would be kind to myself even if I dont do things perfectly. It's about improving, not perfection. Below are my top 5 goals for 2017.

1. Eat healthier and exercise. Okay that's technically two goals, but really my goal is an overall improvement in my self care. I am not denying myself junk food, just being more moderate about it. I'm counting my calories with the app Lose It, which you can get for free in the App Store. I also am bringing healthy lunches to work and drinking juice or green tea instead of pop. For exercise, I get off the bus earlier and so I walk further, and I've been using a Nordic Track for 30 minutes a day. Wether or not I lose weight, I'm trying to see as a side effect. The main goal is to be healthy and feel good. 

2. Make my mental health a priority. For those of you that have known me for a while, it's no secret that I've struggled with anxiety in and off for years. I'll go months being totally fine, and then I'll get hit with anxiety that stops me from living normally. I do manage it with meditation exercise etc. But I knew I needed something more. So I made an appointment with someone my doctor recommended. I'll check it out to see if I like them. I realized I need to put my well being as a top priority. 

3. Positivity. Another goal is to be more positive and to spend more time with positive people. It's easy to get sucked into negativity and fear, especially with what's going on in the world. Its also easy to get sucked into complaining about everyday things. That's why I set the goal to spend more time with people I care about and to emphasize the positive, not the negative. 

4. Konmari my home. I read the books "Spark" and "The Life Changing Magic of Tyding Up" recently and have been inspired to go through my things and throw away or donate what I don't like, and only keep what I love. You start with clothes and then go on to books, and you other items, leaving sentimental stuff for last. I'll update as I get on with the process. I seriously need to weed through my clothes. 

5. More fun. It's easy to get caught up in routines, with work, child care, chores etc. One can get so busy "adulting" that we forget to have a little fun, and take a break. So far I've bought tickets to a concert later this year, and booked myself vacation time. It's important to schedule your fun. 

To make all this easier I ordered a planner from https://benebellwen.com/ which was just what I needed. My initial walk through is below. I've since personalized it and made it more colourful. I'll be doing an update video of it this week. 



What are your top 5 goals for 2017?


No comments:

Post a Comment