Saturday, 27 May 2017

Weekly update - Staycation Success

This past week I had time off from work, and decided to not only take a break from my day job, but also from my biz as well. You may of noticed the lack of Instagram daily draws, and blog and video posts over the past week. I was initially planning on recording a bunch of videos and making blog posts, but I found that I was really craving some down time. We cant be all go, go, go all the time. We often perceive that we should be producing all the time, but as human beings we all need time to just relax and do nothing.

Buddy and I at the farm
 I was especially craving this down time, as last year my holidays were all spent traveling. Not that I'm complaining, because it was amazing. I got to be a part of Canada's Worst Driver last year and spend time in the beautiful Niagara region in southern Ontario. I also went to Vancouver Island last fall, to hang out with my bestie. This year I was really craving a staycation. Time to stay home and do nothing. Unfortunately when I took a week off in February, I got sick. I was so disappointed. I really wanted time to do whatever I wanted and ended up laying on the couch like a phlegmy, limp noodle. This week I was determined to enjoy myself, and be well above all, and I'm happy to report that I succeeded!

So what did I do with my week off? I wanted to do mostly nothing, (ie. reading and catching up on Youtube videos) but I did squeeze in a few activities. Last weekend was the Victoria Day long weekend here in Canada, and my BF and I took the kids out to the family farm for a day in the country. It was nice to get out into the country and get some fresh air, well a lot of fresh air, as it was pretty windy. I met an old friend for lunch at a local bookstore (and restaurant) called McNally's and ended up picking up a couple of amazing books for my week off. I checked out a Picasso exhibit at the WAG (Winnipeg Art Gallery) and I also had a massage, went out for dinner, and did a lot of reading and drawing and looking at Tumblr. So I think it was pretty successful staycation. 

I'm ready to get back at things for the coming week, and have blog and video posts planned. What do you like to do when you're on vacation? Do you prefer traveling or staying home? Let me know what you do to relax and recharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment